Tuesday 4 September 2012

Book Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower




Title: The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Author: Stephen Chbosky
Format: eBook
Rating: 4 . 0 / 5 . 0

Have you ever read a book that's absolutely relatable and you end up saying "Been there, done that" or "S***! I've been through that feeling!" at almost every page? If not, then you should try reading this book by Mr. Chbosky. Okay, the only reason I picked up this book was that I heard there was going to be a movie and so I wanted to read it first just in case I planned on watching the movie. While it might have taken me a few days to read through this whole thing (hey, I hate reading ebooks), it was certainly worth it.

This book is about Charlie, who writes letters to his "friend", telling him about almost all the stuff he's been through: high school, family problems, socializing with people and his love life. One reason why I loved Charlie was that he's so straightforward with what he wants to say that it could sometimes be pretty funny.

The writing style is in the form of short letters so it’s a pretty quick read. Woosh! The characters are pretty memorable, each with their own different personality. `

Moving on, I definitely recommend this book to every fifteen year old boy out there. This book is just absolutely funny but at the same time, deeply moving as we all reminisce the ups and downs of being a higschooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment