Monday 17 September 2012

Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children


Title:  Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children
Author: Ransom Riggs
Format: eBook
Rating: 4.5 / 5.0


Well, what can I say? I loved it! It was like Charlie Bone and X-Men combined. I totally loved the idea of this book and I am so glad I wasted the whole weekend finishing this. This book is about Jacob Portman who goes psycho after the death of his grandfather. He has been seeing and dreaming about monsters and has blamed his grandfather’s stories for it. Thinking that it’ll help him cure his trauma, he sets out to a tiny island in Wales where his grandfather grew up. But as Jacob is about to think that all of his grandfather’s stories were mere fiction, he begins to realize that they might be indeed true and that the peculiar children are still alive.
I loved the characters in this book. Sure, they’re not as cool and strong as the X-Men but their uniqueness of personalities made me love them. The peculiar children (plus Jacob) and equally lovable. At least, most of them.  
One more reason why I enjoyed this book is the usage of vintage photographs. Some were just laughable but some did send chills down my spine. It was also like looking through a photo album os bizarre people.
The book is written in a first person POV and the usage of words is simple (I prefer simple : -)). To conclude, I must recommend this book to Charlie Bone and X-Men fans out there, to those who love time travel and to those who simply love a story about how a group of teens can save the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment